Short paper delivered by Matteo Martelli at the roundtable “4th Turba Meeting: The Female Presence in Alchemy”, organized by Jo Hedesan (University of Oxford).
December 10, 2020 @ 17:00 (GMT)
Here are the titles for the short talks:
- Jennifer Rampling, Queen Elizabeth I and Women’s Patronage of Alchemy
- Matteo Martelli, Female Practitioners in Graeco-Egyptian Alchemy
- Ute Frietsch, The Common Iconography of the Urinal, the Alchemical Vial and the Womb in 16th-Century German Woodcuts
- Carmen Schmechel, Male and Female Minerals in Georgius Agricola’s De natura fossilium: A Matter of Classification
- Jo Hedesan, Mercury – Female or Male? Some Historical and Cross-Cultural Considerations